ConflictClarifier

متتبع أزمة إيران-الخليج 2026
CC
Events Archive
strikeAug 20, 2026

Why is Ukraine bombing Wildberries? Behind the aerial assault on Russia's Amazon | Flipboard

Summary

Why is Ukraine bombing Wildberries? Behind the aerial assault on Russia's Amazon Imagine if Amazon suddenly became a military target. That's essentially what's happening in Russia. Ukrainian drones have been repeatedly hitting Wildberries – the Russian equivalent of Amaz… More stories from New York Post Join the flipboard community Discover, collect, and share stories for all your interestsSign up More stories from Russia ‘Tremendous costs’: Can Trump stop other countries from trading with Iran? Iran’s foreign minister has dismissed Trump’s latest threats, calling them a “diversion” from America’s own crisis.” US President Donald Trump has announced what he describes as the “most crushing economic operation” against Iran, as Washington ramps up pressure on Tehran and talks to end the war … Huge Russian strikes on Kyiv leave 17 dead as attacks spill over to Romanian and Moldovan territory Kyiv — At least 17 people have been killed and dozens wounded in a “massive” Russian attack on Kyiv and the surrounding region overnight and on Thursday, Ukrainian authorities said. Attacks also bled into Moldova and Romania on Thursday. Romania said an explosive-laden naval drone believed to have been … Russia runs out of petrol at seven in 10 stations as fuel crisis worsens Ukrainian drone campaign on Russia's energy infrastructure has caused fuel shortages so severe that the Kremlin has admitted it. Queues in Moscow are …

Actors involved

USIranRussiaUkraine

Sources

  • Css-; Object-Fitcover; Border-Radius; Border; 0By Css-; Object-Fitcover; Border-Radius; Border; 0

    Why is Ukraine bombing Wildberries? Behind the aerial assault on Russia's Amazon Imagine if Amazon suddenly became a military target. That's essentially what's happening in Russia. Ukrainian drones have been repeatedly hitting Wildberries – the Russian equivalent of Amaz… More st

See this event through different lenses

Compare how Western, Iranian, Israeli, Global South, and Pro-Peace perspectives frame this event.

Compare Perspectives

Community Notes

Community Notes

Loading notes...

Related events

strikeUnverifiedUSIsraelIranChina
1 source

A new US aircraft carrier strike group has arrived in the Middle East, the US military announced on Thursday, after conditions aboard a long-deployed carrier provoked fresh criticism of US President Donald Trump's war against Iran. "The George Washington Carrier Strike Group is operating in Middle East during a scheduled deployment after arriving in the Centcom theatre yesterday," Central Command (Centcom), which oversees US forces in the Middle East, said in a post on X.

The update comes just days after media reports on grim conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier – deployed since November 2025 – had created an unwelcome distraction for Trump in his attempt to sell the already unpopular war. Several outlets, including specialist military publications, quoted relatives of crew members as saying that living conditions had deteriorated on the Lincoln, with food shortages and broken plumbing.

Notably, there have been reports of several suicide attempts. Trump dismissed the concerns but confirmed another carrier would swap out with the Lincoln. The Japan-based USS George Washington had been operating in the Pacific. Its transfer means there is no longer any US aircraft carrier in that region.

The Lincoln had departed California in November 2025 for duty in the South China Sea and was rerouted to the Middle East before US-Israeli attacks on Iran that began in late February.

strikeUnverifiedUSIranRussia
1 source

US Government Warns: Hackers Attacking Vulnerable Water Systems With AI Help

Authored by Jack Phillips via The Epoch Times,

Several U.S. government agencies have said that cyber actors are attempting to hack into devices made by industrial systems company Siemens that are used to monitor water and other critical infrastructure systems.

In an advisory published on Wednesday, the FBI, National Security Agency (NSA), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), and other U.S. agencies informed “owners and operators of industrial control systems” that there is an “active cyber threat to Siemens S7 Series PLCs,” or programmable logic controllers—an industrial automation system.

Unnamed “threat actors are conducting reconnaissance and capability development against U.S.-based Siemens PLC installations using AI-generated exploitation scripts disguised as legitimate monitoring tools,” the advisory said.

It added that the hackers use services to find PLCs connected to the internet that run what the agencies said is “outdated software” or are “otherwise poorly protected.”

“The U.S. critical infrastructure sectors most targeted by this threat activity include Critical Manufacturing, Energy, Water and Wastewater, Chemical, Food and Agriculture, and Commercial Facilities,” the advisory reads.

“This is not a theoretical risk—it is an active threat.”

The agencies further warned that “exploitation of poorly protected PLCs could lead to disruption of critical industrial processes, safety incidents, downtime or equipment damage, compromise of sensitive data, compliance violations, and cascading impacts across interconnected systems.”

Organizations using Siemens systems are encouraged to apply relevant security updates, isolate devices and systems from the internet where possible, implement strong security protocols, and strengthen monitoring for potential malicious activity, according to the advisory.

“These mitigations are particularly important for owners and operators who work with third-party service providers or system integrators who may have remote access to PLCs, as the asset owners may not realize that their systems are exposed and at risk,” they added.

The advisory did not provide the name of a specific group, country, or actor that may be involved in attempting to hack the Siemens systems. Nor did it name companies that may have been targeted by the threat actors.

The warning ‌comes amid U.S. cyber incidents ⁠targeting local water systems in several states in recent weeks. The FBI said earlier this month that from July 27 to July 30, water and wastewater utility companies in seven states reported security-related incidents.

In July, CISA and other agencies said Iran-linked hackers have targeted PLCs made by Rockwell Automation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, and potentially others.

A cybersecurity risk organization, Encrygma, said on Wednesday that a group linked to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, known as the CyberAv3ngers, has attacked water systems in the United States and displayed political messaging. CISA linked the group to cyberattacks on PLCs in late 2024.

Since February, the United States and Iran have traded strikes as the Trump administration has demanded that Tehran give up its nuclear program and reopen the Strait of Hormuz, a crucial waterway that allows for the transportation of significant amounts of the world’s traded oil.

Other agencies that were involved in the release of Wednesday’s advisory included the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.

The NSA, FBI, CISA, and other U.S. agencies have long said that the Chinese regime, Iran, North Korea, and Russia have engaged in malicious cyber activity against U.S. infrastructure networks, collecting intelligence and engaging in cyber espionage.

Tyler Durden Thu, 08/20/2026 - 17:40

strikeUnverifiedUSIsraelIranChina
1 source

US media quoted relatives of crew members saying living conditions had deteriorated on the USS Abraham Lincoln and there were also reports of several suicide attempts. A new US aircraft carrier strike group has arrived in the Middle East, the US military announced on Thursday, after conditions aboard a long-deployed carrier provoked fresh criticism of President Donald Trump's war against Iran.

"The George Washington Carrier Strike Group is operating in Middle East during a scheduled deployment after arriving in the CENTCOM theatre yesterday," Central Command (CENTCOM), which oversees US forces in the Middle East, said in a post on X. The update comes just days after media reports on grim conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier, deployed since November 2025, had created an unwelcome distraction for Trump in his attempt to sell the already unpopular war.

Trump dismissed concerns last Friday over living conditions and the mental health of service members on the Lincoln, while confirming the ship would soon rotate out. Asked by reporters whether family members were worried about the situation on the USS Abraham Lincoln, Trump said "no, they're not.

" The president confirmed reports that the ship was due to be swapped out with another aircraft carrier, as the United States remains locked in a stalemate with Iran over control of the Strait of Hormuz and the country's nuclear programme. "That ship is moving right now or very shortly and it's being replaced with another very similar ship," Trump said.

US media, including specialist military publications, quoted multiple relatives of crew members saying living conditions had deteriorated on the Lincoln. There were also reports of several suicide attempts. Among details emerging from accounts by sailors' families was that two sailors had tried to jump overboard.

The US military has said that one sailor who fell into the sea on 3 August was recovered. "A small number of mental health cases were treated with no loss of life," acting Navy Secretary Hung Cao said in a statement, blaming the media for "trying to paint our warriors as victims.

" Democratic lawmakers are calling for an investigation. Jonathan Schroden, chief research officer at the Centre for Naval Analyses, told the AFP news agency that carrier strike groups are generally designed for six-month deployments for reasons including sailor welfare.

The Japan-based USS George Washington had been operating in the Pacific and its transfer means there is no longer any US aircraft carrier in that region. The Lincoln had departed California in November 2025 for duty in the South China Sea and was rerouted to the Middle East before US-Israeli attacks on Iran that began in late February.

strikeUnverifiedUSIsraelIranChina
1 source

New US carrier arrives in Mideast to relieve long-deployed ship The USS George Washington carrier strike group has arrived in the Middle East to replace the USS Abraham Lincoln, after reports of poor conditions aboard the long-deployed carrier. WASHINGTON: A new US aircraft carrier strike group has arrived in the Middle East, the US military announced Thursday (Aug 20), after conditions aboard a long-deployed carrier provoked fresh criticism of US President Donald Trump's war against Iran.

"The George Washington Carrier Strike Group is operating in Middle East during a scheduled deployment after arriving in the CENTCOM theatre yesterday," Central Command (CENTCOM), which oversees US forces in the Middle East, said in a post on X. The update comes just days after media reports on grim conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier - deployed since November 2025 - had created an unwelcome distraction for Trump in his attempt to sell the already unpopular war.

Several outlets, including specialist military publications, quoted relatives of crew members as saying that living conditions had deteriorated on the Lincoln, with food shortages and broken plumbing. Notably, there have been reports of several suicide attempts.

Trump dismissed the concerns but confirmed another carrier would swap out with the Lincoln. The Japan-based USS George Washington had been operating in the Pacific. Its transfer means there is no longer any US aircraft carrier in that region - a boon for an assertive China.

"The George Washington Carrier Strike Group is operating in Middle East during a scheduled deployment after arriving in the CENTCOM theatre yesterday," Central Command (CENTCOM), which oversees US forces in the Middle East, said in a post on X. The update comes just days after media reports on grim conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier - deployed since November 2025 - had created an unwelcome distraction for Trump in his attempt to sell the already unpopular war.

Several outlets, including specialist military publications, quoted relatives of crew members as saying that living conditions had deteriorated on the Lincoln, with food shortages and broken plumbing. Notably, there have been reports of several suicide attempts.

Trump dismissed the concerns but confirmed another carrier would swap out with the Lincoln. The Japan-based USS George Washington had been operating in the Pacific. Its transfer means there is no longer any US aircraft carrier in that region - a boon for an assertive China.

The Lincoln had departed California in November 2025 for duty in the South China Sea and was rerouted to the Middle East before US-Israeli attacks on Iran that began in late February. Source: AFP/fs Also worth reading Content is loading...

Location: Strait of Hormuz